Corporate Formation – Entity Selection
One of the first important choices you will make, when starting your new business, is which business entity is the best fit. This decision should take into account both your short and long-term legal, financial and tax goals.
Corporate formation lawyer, Jonathan C. Watts, is both an experienced and accomplished business lawyer and skilled tax law attorney who will assist you in choosing the best entity for your business endeavor.
There are advantages and disadvantages for each type of business formation structure. A few important considerations are:
- Protecting your personal assets from business liabilities and lawsuits.
- Maximizing business income by exploring and understanding tax implications.
- Reviewing the record-keeping requirements for each entity type.
- Exploring the cost and complexity of compliance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Jonathan Watts will evaluate your unique circumstances and goals and guide you in choosing the best business structure.
When you are considering starting a new company or taking your sole proprietorship to the next level, you will likely want to incorporate the business into some type of legal entity. To do so, you should retain an experienced, skilled and knowledgeable business and tax law attorney to help you choose the best legal structure for your new business.
Jonathan can help you in the creation of any of the following:
- Sole proprietorships
- C corporations
- S corporations
- Professional corporations (PC)
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- Limited partnerships (LP)
- Family limited partnerships (FLP)
- Business succession
Attorney Watts has extensive experience in corporate formation and possesses the knowledge and resources to handle all issues related to business formation, entity type selection, including issues of taxation, liability and financing. You can rely on Jonathan to make sure you understand the potential benefits and drawbacks to any entity choice so that you can make an informed decision about what is best for you and your business.
Our law firm helps aspiring business owners turn ideas into viable business opportunities. We accomplish this by seeking on-going relationships with our clients, advising clients on a variety of business formation issues, and routinely helping clients throughout the course of their business.
Once we have helped you select the appropriate tax-conscious entity for your business, we assist you with your business’s formation. We are experienced with all aspects of incorporation, including drafting and reviewing documents involved in the organization and structuring of your new business entity, which may include:
- Articles of incorporation
- Operating agreements
- Shareholder agreements
We can help you with all legal aspects of your business startup:
- Entity selection – we can help you decide whether a corporation, partnership, LLC or other business structure would be the best for you based on your needs and business objectives.
- Filing – we will help you through every step of the process of filing and registering your business with the California secretary of state’s office.
- Incorporating documents and procedures – we will help you with all aspects of the initial documentation, including articles of incorporation, EIN number, local DBA if appropriate, minutes, bylaws and other documents as needed.
East Bay Business Lawyer, Jonathan C. Watts, is prepared to meet the needs of businesses in the 680 corridor including San Ramon, Dublin, Danville, Pleasanton, Walnut Creek, Concord, and throughout the East Bay area of Northern California. Jonathan understands that the legal foundation of any successful business venture is the proper choice of entity, which can set up a business for success while protecting individuals against difficulties that may arise.
Attorney Jonathan C. Watts, an East Bay business and tax law attorney, advises Northern California businesses from the entity formation of a start-up to dissolution, mergers and restructuring.
Jonathan and his dedicated staff excels in the drafting of contracts for all aspects of business and business formations.
If you are interested in learning how Jonathan can help you reach your business formation goals contact our office to arrange a consultation.
Call us today at 925-217-3255. When you hire our firm for corporate formation or to explore other business solutions, you receive the benefit of having both a business attorney and a tax attorney at your disposal.